Change History of JoyToKey
- Enhanced "Keyboard 2" functionality to support the followings
- support 4 keys per definition
- support the rotation of 4 input definitions
- support auto repeat and toggle configuration
- Upgraded DirectX library version from 7 to 8
- Support "Button Number Mapping"
- Example Usage1:
Swap button numbers if the connected joystick has a different layout from your favorite one.
- Example Usage2:
Associate Button21 with Button1 so that both functions are triggered when Button1 is pressed.
- Example Usage3:
It is also possible to configure some button (e.g. Button22) to be
triggered when both Button5 and Button6 are pressed simultaneously.
- If some buttons are pressed when profile is changed or SHIFT function
is triggered, those button press are likely to trigger both old and new
assignments right before/after the switch.
- It is now possible to define certain duration (e.g. 100 msec) to ignore
those inputs right after the switch (from preference menu)
- When both mouse cursor movement and mouse click are assigned to a button,
click&hold will be processed before cursor movement.
- Improved the reliability after resuming from PC sleep.
- Preferences were moved from menu items to a separate window.
- Added an ability to specify the number of buttons to configure.
- Changed the user interface font to Calibri
- Configuration files are now saved in Unicode format (UTF8+BOM).
This may fix garbled character issues for the use of non-default
- Fixed garbled characters for some non-Japanese PC and keyboard.
- (only for advanced users) Support configuring "JoyToKey.ini" file path via registry.
If you have any reason why you need to forcibly specify "JoyToKey.ini" file path
(e.g. you're using some launcher like Hyperlaunch), you can do that via registry editor.
- Run "regedit" program
- Create a key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JoyToKey"
- Create a string value "IniFilePath=c:\WhateverPath\JoyToKey.ini"
- Supported various file formats (such as mp3) for sound notifications.
- Added an ability to play sound or show tasktray balloon when the selected profile is changed.
For example, sound notification could be useful for visually impaired users, while they step through different profiles to help them to pick the right one.
- Tasktray balloon can be enabled from "Preferences" menu.
- Sound notification can be configured for each profile in "Options" tab. (currently, only WAV files are supported)
- The size of profile files is made smaller by eliminating empty lines.
- In case "JoyToKey.ini" file or its directory is not write-able, JoyToKey will try to make them write-able.
- Support delayed input for a special function to switch profiles. If you want to keep JoyToKey running in background while you're playing a game with a native joystick support, the following trick may be useful.
This way, JoyToKey won't do anything while you're playing the game, but you can come back to the original profile by long-pressing a special button.
- When the game with native Joystick support becomes active, temporarily switch to a profile, which is basically empty
- But it should have one button assigned for switching back to the original profile after being pressed for X seconds
- Control the behavior when JoyToKey window is active from menu:
"Preferences"-> "Don't emulate keyboard input when JoyToKey window is active"
- Support emulation for 4th and 5th mouse button.
They could be useful if you're using mouse gestures with joysticks.
- Turbo mode was enhanced to support up to x16 processing speed.
(However, this is experimental and should not be used for regular use as it's very CPU intensive and is likely to slow down the PC)
- Added a new menu "Open file folder in Explorer"
- Support for loading configuration files from a common AppData folder (only when it exists).
By default, configuration files are created in the same folder as "JoyToKey.exe".
But once you create an empty file "JoyToKey.ini" in common AppData folder ("C:\ProgramData\JoyToKey\JoyToKey.ini"),
you can share the configuration files across multiple users, or you can launch JoyToKey.exe from read-only folder.
- Support the combination of keyboard and mouse click.
Ex) SHIFT+Click, CTRL+Click
In order to assign a mouse click in keyboard assignment window, right-click the entry box and select mouse click from context menu
- Bug fix: SHIFT + arrow keys were not properly processed for text selection and some games (such as Minecraft)
- Mouse cursor emulation is now much smoother with analog sticks, by using a continuous acceleration without a threshold.
- In case analog stick input has been wrong, axis mapping can be manually specified.
(Menu: "Preferences" -> "Configure joysticks")
- In case you have multiple joysticks and want to always use one of them as "Joystick 2" (or any other joystick number),
you can define a priority/preferred number for each device.
(Menu: "Preferences"-> "Configure joysticks")
- Support for different key assignments based on analog stick input level.
- Support for different key assignments based on button hold duration.
- Support for rotating key assignments.
For example, whenever the same button is pressed, its key assignment can rotate like "A -> B -> C -> A -> B -> C -> A ..."
- Enhanced auto-repeat key functionality.
The following auto-repeat definitions are newly possible:
- "1.5 repeats per second"
- "one repeat per 123.4 seconds"
- "auto-repeat only after 500 milli-seconds"
- When the main window of JoyToKey is activated and joystick buttons are pressed, those buttons will be highlighted in the main window
so that you can easily see which button corresponds to which row in the config.
(You can change it back to the old behavior from menu setting)
- When the window is minimized, icon will be kept in the taskbar by default.
If you prefer the old behavior and want to hide it from taskbar, you can change it back to the old behavior from settings menu.
- Added a comment field for each button definition.
For example, you can record a memo for each button like "This button is used for Jump".
- Support for copying joystick configuration from one to another.
Right-click "Joystick 1" header in the main menu, to open a popup menu.
- Support for at maximum 4 key assignments for each button.
- Added a menu "Help -> Overview"
- Added a button "Edit button assignment"
- You can choose the default behavior when the target application switches to non-associated program
- When you temporarily switch to the virtual joystick configuration while some button is being pressed, the pressed state will be kept without release-action, if its original key config and the new key config are the same.
(e.g. if the arrow key is assigned for both the joystick1 config and the virtual joystick3 config, then switching between joystick1 and joystick3 won't trigger unnecessary release event)
- Support for associating config files with applications
Active configuration file can be automatically switched based on the focused application.
- Support dynamic acceleration of mouse cursor movement
If you use mouse cursor emulation with analog sticks, the speed sensitivity can be accelerated at certain threshold.
- Support 4-way and 8-way assignment for POV control
- Auto repeat functionality, ranging from very slow repeat (1 time per 15 minutes) up to 60 times per second (with 2x processing mode)
- Support for toggle button
e.g. use it for drag&drop with mouse emulation, or for truly automated repeat of keys even when you are away from PC.
- Window size became re-sizable
- Task tray icon
- left-click to open/close the main window
- right-click to open popup menu
- JoyToKey can be started even when joystick is not connected
It will automatically detect a newly connected joystick. (NOTE: it only works the first joystick. If you connect the second one or more, please press "detect" button manually from preferences panel)
- Several additions in the menu such as
- copy configuration file
- open game controller setting from control panel
- suspend / resume the processing temporarily
- 2x processing mode (if you want to minimize the input latency, sacrificing extra CPU load)
- generate debug log
Download the latest version